What to look for in store:
- Look for Spanish origin persiMon®
- A fabulous bright orange skin
- A shape that will be larger and longer than other persimmons
A persiMon® from Ribera del Xúquer will be firm to the touch and is perfect for eating right away, or at least wait until you get home!
Sometimes, persimons from Ribera del Xúquer will have brown speckles on their skin, which are natural sugar freckles that indicate they are extra sweet.
How to store them at home:
persiMon® from Ribera del Xúquer are ready to eat when you bring them home from the grocery store. Store them in a bowl on the counter, separated from other fruit.
Pretty on the outside, but oh, so delicious on the inside. Once you cut open a persiMon®, you will discover a seedless, orange flesh (ideal for children) that has the consistency of a peach.
How to eat:
persiMon® from Ribera del Xúquer, when sold in the grocery store, is ripe and ready to eat.Like an apple, you can eat it with the skin on or peel it first. Eat it fresh out-of-hand…go ahead, sink your teeth right in. Not in the mood for eating out-of-hand? No problem, simply discard the top of the Persimon®, as you would an apple stem, leave the skin on or peel it and cut the fruit into wedges/segments.
Preparing a persiMon®:
To see how easy it is to prepare a persiMon® from Ribera del Xúquer, watch the video.
How to cut the persimmon
- persiMon® makes a naturally sweet and healthy lunch or anytime snack
- Add persiMon® wedges/slices to your morning cereal
- Serve persiMon® with yogurt or ice-cream
- persiMon® is the perfect addition to salads